Sumitomo Chemical (UK) plc offers a comprehensive support service to our customers. Our team can give expert technical support and is on hand to steer customers smoothly through the complexities of EU regulations.
Find out more about our:
One thing that sets Sumitomo Chemical apart is the industry-leading technical and regulatory support we provide to our customers. Our regulatory team specialises in assisting and directing our customers through the complexities of developing, registering and maintaining their products, both locally and at the EU regional level.
What we offer:
- End-to-end technical advice on product development, from concept through to prototyping and onto manufacturing and applying for authorisation.
- Advice on formulation and product design, including the choice and combination of active ingredients.
- In-depth market knowledge and experience in choosing the best delivery system.
- Dossier data gap analysis.
- Efficacy testing and protocol design.
- Product physical chemical specification setting.
- Human health and environment risk assessment.
- Safety and logistical support.
- Safety Data Sheets in 16 languages including Dutch, English, French, German, Greek, Italian, Portugese, Spanish, and others.
- Mentoring through the registration process.
- A wide variety of registration support documentation, including Letters of Supply and Access, Certificates of Free Sale and various others specifically adapted to the requirements of the relevant authority.
EU-level registration support
Our support team has extensive experience in the preparation and submission of active substance and formulated product dossiers with the national regulatory authorities of EU Member States, the EEA generally and the Middle East and Africa. We know that applying for authorisation of a biocidal product can be a very time-consuming and expensive process, so, for customers wishing to use our authorised active substances or formulated products, we provide appropriate Letters of Access and other support documentation, removing the burden of having to start an application from scratch.
Your application needs the approval or authorisation of the national or EU regulatory body. We can mentor you through the application process, assist in the preparation of toxicological bridging arguments, considering health and safety impacts, offer support with the European Chemicals Agency’s IUCLID application and help with coordinating your BPR dossier, saving you time and money.
For customers wishing to commercialise their products in the EU, we are on hand to advise on combinations of active substances for a variety of PT 18 & 19 applications; on product formulations, enclosures, manufacturing, efficacy studies and analytical chemistry.
Our team can also rapidly provide you with compliant documentation for the handling and transportation of biocidal products.
As a customer of Sumitomo Chemical you will have access to the large volume of high quality data and expertise which underpins our world-class products. The result will be a quicker, smoother journey through the formulated product application and authorisation process.
In addition to providing in-depth knowledge, we offer the support of our two affiliate laboratories in Takarazuka, Japan and Seremban, Malaysia.
With a wealth of technical experience in the Environmental Health business, these leading laboratories can offer customers of Sumitomo Chemical basic and formulation research, applied research, customer training and technical services.