1. We strive to respect the privacy and security of our users, customers and suppliers, as well as their representatives (generally: “Clients”), in relation to all products and services, provided by SCUK (Hythe House, 200 Shepherds Bush Road, London W6 7NL, United Kingdom).
SCUK is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sumitomo Chemical Company Ltd., Japan.
If you have any questions or comments regarding this document, please contact us using the address below.
2. When you submit a request or electronically pass information to SCUK (including, but not limited to, contact details, business details and location information), you are sometimes asked to provide or you directly provide to us certain information, including, but not limited to, your:
- Phone number
- E-mail address and line of business.
This information helps us to provide you with the most appropriate services, support or information of SCUK and also to reach you for clarification.
You may also be providing us with data regarding your:
- Client or supplier account
- Financial information
- Legal documentation
- Emergency contact information
- and/or any other information you provide.
This information helps us to conduct business or otherwise engage with you for regulatory, contractual or other legal reasons.
These kinds of data will in many circumstances be considered as personal data under applicable data protection legislation (which includes the European Union Data Protection Directive (Directive 95/46/EC), the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation) and applicable national law).
If you have registered with our website, or asked us to register you, we will collect or reaffirm your consent when we collect your personal information (including the date that you gave consent) so that we have an accurate record of how your personal information was collected and reason for collecting and storing it. This is opt-in consent and you may withdraw your consent to the use of your personal data at any time.
3. Please consult the table below to see for which purposes we process (use, store, etc.) personal data, as well as the legal grounds for such processing and the relevant retention period.
We may retain your data for up to 1 month after the stated retention period in order to process its removal.
4. We may allow access to any information (including categories of personal data like these) provided by you or a third party acting on your behalf to SCUK, in order to comply with a valid legal process, such as a search warrant, subpoena, or court order, and to protect our rights and property. If warranted, we may also allow access to this information in special emergencies where physical safety is at risk.
5. We reserve the right to disclose any information obtained from or about you to third parties in connection with a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy or sale of all or substantially all of SCUK’s assets.
6. Except as described here, we do not sell, trade, or rent your personal data with any third parties outside of SCUK.
STORAGE AND DATA TRANSFERS
7. We store your personal data within the European Economic Area (“EEA”). However, we may store or transfer some or all of your personal data outside of the EEA to:
- Sumitomo Chemical Company (“SCC”) in Japan or other affiliated companies of SCC for purposes described above;
- Any third parties to whom SCUK subcontracts all or part of this processing, such as mark